Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Junky Fitness

Many who know me well are aware that I am in favor of consuming most things excessively tasty. Cookies, ice cream, chips, and my most recent obsession... Popcorn.

If there was one picture that I felt so completely encapsulated my inner carnivorous being it would have to be Hyperbole and a Half's picture....
Anyhoo, on the side of the spectrum that is intended to cancel all that out...
Fitness.

I sincerely promise you that I have, at a couple of my weakest emotional points in the past, cried about working out. (Please take into account my previous anemia)

It't not that I'm a wuss. I just would rather have my three wishes from the genie. (R.I.P. Robin Williams)

I have, since that point, gained some emotional and physical stamina so I'm able and willing to try the whole fitness deal.

Now, take a step back and look at presented options for attempting to be physically fit.

1) Home Workout Routines.

Been there, tried that. I just don't have the self discipline to set aside time at home when I'm comfy being a potato.

2) Gym.

If I'm paying I will feel the obligation to go.
Downside?
Gym girls.
I mean seriously.
It's like I found the other place the skinny, white, blonde chicks in Starbucks congregate.

And yes there are other ways like biking and running.
I like biking a lot.

Running is definitely another story.
I tried it once.

Blood, sweat, and asthma.

Not. Pretty.

So, I made my decision to join the gym. As it turns out, you can avoid a lot of psycho gym people if you go on a Friday night when it's mostly only the few average people without dates utilizing the space.

At least I can usually provide some entertainment for the staff and members.
Struggling with 5 and 10 pound weights, it seems, can be quite amusing to onlookers.

But here's to all the people who enjoy fatty food but try and fail, and try and fail, and try and fail, etc. to do something to battle the onslaught of weight gain!
HOORAH for Junky Fitness!!!

We may not get it the first time.
We may not be perfect clean eaters.
We may take a bit longer to get there.
BUT WE WILL TRY!

And of course...

If at first you don't succeed, try try again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment